Women's Auxiliary of Crystal Downs Country Club Scholarship and Dr. Roy Vomastek Memorial Scholarship
The Women's Auxiliary of Crystal Downs Scholarship Fund is funded through the generous contributions of CDCC members. It provides financial assistance to students in need who work for or whose parents work for the CDCC.
Dr. Roy Vomastek loved the game of golf and the lessons it brings to life. One of his favorite places on earth was Crystal Downs. The people who work and play there held a special place in his heart. The Dr. Roy Vomastek Memorial Scholarship Endowment supports scholarship awards for Crystal Downs Country Club caddies and bagroom employees.
Both scholarships are awarded annually to qualified applicants as determined by the Scholarship Committee. Prioritization will be given on the basis of need and to undergraduate candidates. The life of the scholarship is one year, but all applicants may re-apply for subsequent years. The applicants who have been selected will be notified by the fourth week of July and the awards are presented at a dinner at the end of July. Only one application is needed to apply for either or both opportunities.
- Applicants must be a current Crystal Downs Country Club or Golf Staff employee or a child of a Crystal Downs Country Club or Golf Staff employee. Preference is given to those in their second plus season of CDCC employment.
- An applicant may not be of lineal descent to a current Crystal Downs Country Club member.
- Acceptance at an undergraduate, post-graduate, or vocational program at an accredited institution.
- An emphasis on applicant's need, goals, character, academic achievement, and citizenship. Please note that demonstrated financial need will be highly prioritized.
- Completed application, essay and letters of recommendation (see additional materials below for more information).
- Evaluation forms completed by your supervisor.
- Exceptions to the criteria listed above is at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
- Essay: Please submit an essay describing your goals for college and your career. Include what has prepared you to accomplish these goals (e.g. a particular person, class or experience) and where you hope to be in five years. Limit this statement to one double-spaced typed page. Email completed essay to email@example.com.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two current letters of recommendation must be included with your application before it will be given consideration. One letter must be from a 2016/17 or 2017/18 school year teacher, school counselor, or administrator. The second letter should be by a non-family member who can write from recent experience (2017 or 2018) with you in regard to your character, achievements, and abilities.
To apply, read this page and then complete an online application (link below). The deadline to apply is July 13, 2018 at noon. No late applications will be accepted.