Urgent Needs Fund Grants
The initial priority of funding from the Urgent Needs Fund is to support immediate needs of organizations that are providing basic needs support for individuals and families, such as access to food and basic hygiene, caring for senior citizens, supporting utility and rental assistance, etc.
Urgent Needs Fund grant dollars will be prioritized to:
- support organizations' ability to continue delivering their services, including to respond to changes needed to continue their work and to meet increased demand for their services
- ensure organizations that are working with the people and families who are most vulnerable and disproportionately impacted by the coronavirus and economic consequences of the outbreak are supported.
The following maximum grant award amounts will generally be considered:
- $5,000 for organizations working within a single county
- $15,000 for organizations supporting multiple counties or a broader network of organizations
Grant Review Process
- Funding requests will be reviewed on a weekly basis by a steering committee of representatives from the Community Foundation, Oleson Foundation, Rotary Charities, United Way of NWMI, and the Herrington-Fitch Family Foundation
- Funding will generally be available to be disbursed mid-month or at month-end.
APPLY HERE to request funding
Nonprofit, educational, and governmental organizations that serve communities across Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, and Leelanau Counties are eligible to apply.
- Grantees are required to complete a final report. Please use the link below.