Urgent Needs Fund Grants
Through the Urgent Needs Fund, we offer grants to nonprofit, governmental, and tribal entities across Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, and Leelanau Counties that are providing programs and services to benefit individuals and families who have been disproportionately impacted by COVID-19. Entities receiving grant support include health and human services, arts, culture, and environmental organization partners. Apply for Urgent Needs funding.
“This past year especially the Community Foundation has helped KAIR when we were faced with what seemed like insurmountable odds.”
-Cathy Somes, Executive Director, Kalkaska Area Interfaith Resources
Urgent Needs Fund Grant Eligibility Guide
- Grants are available to legally incorporated nonprofit, tribal, and governmental organizations serving Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, and/or Leelanau Counties.
- Grant requests must be related to impacts from COVID-19 and are intended to primarily support programs and services that benefit individuals and families who are most vulnerable and have been disproportionately impacted by the pandemic.
- Grant applications are welcome from organizations working within the health and human services as well as arts, culture, and environmental groups.
- Grants are not available to support schools, businesses, or individuals at this time and are not intended to replace lost income.
- Grant funds are to support organizations as they adapt to the pandemic and to address needs that may arise as a result of this challenging environment, such as new COVID-related expenses.
- Grant requests for up to $5,000 for organizations working within a single county and up to $15,000 for organizations supporting multiple counties or a broader network of organizations will be considered.
Grant Review Process & Reporting
- Funding requests will be reviewed on a weekly basis by a steering committee of representatives from the Community Foundation, Oleson Foundation, Rotary Charities, United Way of NWMI, and the Herrington-Fitch Family Foundation.
- Funding will be disbursed mid-month or at month’s end to approved grant recipients.
- Grant recipients are required to complete a final report available here.