Grand Traverse County
There are 78 unique endowments supporting Grand Traverse County with a total of $10,186,983 in assets for the benefit of the community.
Because of generous supporters like you, here are some of the ways we met community needs in Grand Traverse in 2020:
- $339,105 awarded to support health and human service programs
- $292,901 awarded to support arts and culture organizations and initiatives
- $119,407 awarded to support natural places and spaces across the county
Endowment for Grand Traverse County
The Endowment for Grand Traverse is designed to be responsive and flexible in addressing a variety of community needs and interests—both emerging and established—within Grand Traverse County.
It’s a local giving opportunity with local impact that’s facilitated by local decision makers and supported by donor partners like you.
Our Community Foundation Board Directors from Grand Traverse County determine grant awards annually, ensuring that Grand Traverse residents benefit from the Endowment now and forever.
Supporting Crisis Services for Youth in Grand Traverse County
Photo credit: Child and Family Services of Northwestern Michigan
In 2020, the Endowment for Grand Traverse granted $1,310 to Child and Family Services of Northwestern Michigan (CFS), a nonprofit partner that serves more than 20 counties in Northern Michigan and provides support services and educational programs to promote the well-being of children, adolescents, adults, and families in times of crisis, challenge, and life transition.
The CFS used this grant to support its Third Level Crisis Services for Youth, which offers youth, ages 12-20, and their families alternatives for different problems they may be facing, from grief and loss to homelessness and the need for basic necessities.
“Nearly 50 young people sorted through their life challenges last year with help from Third Level Crisis Services for Youth and the Community Foundation,” said Gina Aranki, Executive Director of CFS. “The Community Foundation has helped to assure that vulnerable young people have the services and support they need to heal and grow from trauma. Thank you!”
Partial List of Grant Partners:
- Arts for All of Northern Michigan
- Cherryland Humane Society
- Child and Family Services of Northwestern Michigan
- City Opera House
- Generations Ahead
- Grand Traverse Pavilions Foundation
- Groundwork Center for Resilient Communities
- Justice for Our Neighbors
- Michael's Place
- Old Mission Peninsula Education Foundation
- Safe Harbor of Grand Traverse Inc.
- TART Trails
- Traverse City Area Public Schools
- Traverse Symphony Orchestra
- Watershed Center Grand Traverse Bay