Focus Fund Endowment Application
The Focus Fund Endowment is an undesignated endowment designed to impact broad community needs and interests in Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, and Leelanau Counties. The Endowment offers a flexible response to current, immediate regional needs as well as provides a permanent funding source for the future needs of the five-county region.
- Preference is given to requests that offer a philanthropic approach to community needs and that have the potential for transformative community impact.
- Funding is available for organizations serving Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska and/or Leelanau Counties.
- Program operational needs, direct services, capital or equipment expenditures, etc. are eligible for funding.
- The grant review committee encourages collaborative projects where grant dollars can be maximized and serve as many people as possible (relative to the community being served).
- Generally, $1:$1 matching grants, up to a maximum of $2,500, are considered. From time-to-time, the Community Foundation may consider larger grant awards.
- VIEW GRANT EVALUATION CONSIDERATIONS
- It is strongly encouraged that you contact staff to discuss your proposal prior to completing an application.
- Complete the online grant application form (link below).
- Grant applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis and reviewed for consideration three times a year. Deadlines for 2021 are March 1; June 1; and September 1.
- The Community Foundation Board may consider, on occasion, a responsive grant or strategic grantmaking to respond to a need without a specific request or application and/or outside of the grant review schedule, particularly if the opportunity arises to support a community need in partnership with other granting organizations and/or individuals. Contact Brittany Morton, Operations and Grants Coordinator, with questions about a grant outside of the grant review schedule.
- The Community Foundation Board Grantmaking Committee will review all grant proposals and will make funding recommendations to the Community Foundation Board of Directors. All applicants will be notified as to the outcome of their request.
Questions? Contact Brittany Morton, Operations and Grants Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 231-935-4066.