Fall Grants Application
Our fall grants provide funding to support a range of programs and services, including those that focus on education, the environment, youth, seniors, health and human services, and more. This year, we will award fall grants through 19 different endowments that we steward.
Check out our fall grants guide for more information about each endowment and available grant opportunity.
Photo credit: LIFT Teen Center/Friendship Community Center, one of our previous fall grant partners
Grant opportunities, unless otherwise stated, are open to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations, organizations with a 501(c)3 fiscal sponsor, education institutions, governmental entities, and Tribal organizations across Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, and Leelanau Counties as well as the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians, a federally recognized Tribe.
Submitting an Application
(1) Once you've logged on to the Grants Portal, please complete the eligibility quiz.
- Once you determine which grant opportunities to apply for, please complete an application for each opportunity. There is an option to copy and paste your answers from one application to another.
- Each grant opportunity has a specific focus and criteria that you will need to review to determine which opportunities are the best fit for your organization.
- The eligibility quiz features a short series of questions that will help determine which grant opportunities your organization qualifies for.
(2) If you need to leave the grant application for any reason, remember to save your work so that your progress is not lost.
(3) As you complete your grant application(s), please note that you will be asked:
- To describe how your organzation's project aligns with our vision statement, which is: "We envision healthy, resilient, thriving communities, supported by a culture of generosity."
- How your project may influence one or more of the key objectives on the Northwest Michigan Community Development Coalition's Regional Scorecard.
Fall Grants applications are closed for 2023. Applications will open in mid-August 2024.
The Community Foundation values data and how it informs both our ongoing impact and future grants. Post-grant reports will be sent to grant partners and are intended to provide feedback on our process and effectiveness as grantmakers.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (231) 935-4066.