Marsha J. Smith Community Leadership Fund Application
The purpose of the Marsha J. Smith Community Leadership Fund is to encourage and enable individuals from the Grand Traverse region to enhance their leadership skills and thereby improve the quality of life in our region today and for generations to come.
Individuals can apply for up to $1,000 to support a leadership or learning opportunity. Funding must be disbursed directly to a nonprofit, educational, or governmental organization and funds can be used for registration costs, travel, materials, etc
Marsha J. Smith Community Leadership Fund dollars will be prioritized to:
- Support applicants that are pursuing individual leadership development, rather than professional development specific to their current job or role. The goal of this fund is to support individuals in their pursuit to develop and enhance their skills as a leader within their professional role, as well as the broader community and region.
- Requests for one time opportunities rather than annual opportunities.
- Organizations or individuals that plan to contribute partial funding toward the overall cost of the opportunity.
- Complete the online grant application form (link below).
- Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis and reviewed for consideration three times a year. Deadlines are March 1; June 1; and September 1.
- The Community Foundation advisory committee will review all grant proposals and will make funding recommendations to the Community Foundation Board of Directors. All applicants will be notified as to the outcome of their request.