Youth Endowment Grant Application
Youth Endowment Grants are available to nonprofit, educational or governmental organizations serving youth in Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska and Leelanau Counties. Proposal requests should not exceed $5,000 (per county)
Eligible Programs and Projects Will:
- Respond to need(s) identified as important by the youth community in the Youth Needs Assessment
- Build positive developmental opportunities for youth
- Offer a new and innovative opportunity for the county it will serve (not a duplication of existing services or programming)
- Demonstrate support by community members and youth (letters of support recommended)
- Encourage youth involvement in advisory positions within the organization, board, or program committee
- Demonstrate strong partnerships with other organizations when appropriate (letters of commitment, demonstrating partnership, required)
- Complete the online application by clicking on "Begin or Return to Saved Online Application"
- If you have any letters of support please email them to email@example.com. PDF documents are preferred. (Note: letters of support and/or additional materials are NOT required).
2019 Deadline to Apply & Available Grant Amount
The deadline to apply is Monday, September 2 by 11:59pm
- Total 2019 Amount Available to Grant: $72,500 or $14,500 per county. Requests of up to $5,000 per county will be considered.
Review Process and Notification
- Each application is read and reviewed by a member or members of the Community Foundation Youth Advisory Council (YAC)
- YAC Members in each county meet in November for a County Grantmaking Meeting to review and discuss the grant applications and recommend how grant funds in their county should be awarded. Grant applicants are required to have a representative attend the Grantmaking meeting in each of the Counties to which they are applying to make a short presentation on their program and request. Skype or FaceTime presentations are allowed.
- Recommendations for funding are brought to the Foundation's Board of Directors in December for final approval. Following this, all applications will be notified of the decisions in December. Grant funds are anticipated to be disbursed in early-December.
If you are applying for a grant in more than one county for the same program, you do not need to submit more than one application. If you are providing the same program, but it differs in cost, implementation or population served, or plan to provide a completely different program in each county, a separate grant application would be required for each county.