Youth Endowment Grant Application
Youth Endowment Grants are available to nonprofit, educational, or governmental organizations serving youth in Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska and Leelanau Counties. Proposal requests should not exceed $5,000 (per county).
- Requests can be for programs, projects, or operational support
- Requests should respond to need(s) identified as important by the local youth community in the Youth Needs Assessment
- Preference for requests that build positive developmental opportunities for area youth
- Preference for requests that offer a new and innovative opportunity for the county it will serve (not a duplication of existing services or programming)
- Preference for requests that demonstrate support by community members and youth
2020 Deadline to Apply & Available Grant Amount
- The deadline to apply is Tuesday, September 1 by 11:59pm
- Total 2020 Amount Available to Grant: $71,800 or $14,360 per county. Requests of up to $5,000 per county will be considered.
Review Process and Notification
- Each application is read and reviewed by members of the Community Foundation Youth Advisory Council (YAC)
- YAC Members in each county meet in October/November for a County Grantmaking Meeting to review and discuss the grant applications, and recommend how grant funds in their county should be awarded. Grant applicants may be required to have a representative give a short presentation at the Grantmaking meeting in each of the counties to which they are applying. Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, these meetings will take place virtually.
- Recommendations for funding are brought to the Foundation's Board of Directors in early December for final approval. Following this, all applicants will be notified of the decisions and grant funds are anticipated to be disbursed by mid-December.
Important Note: If you are applying for a grant in more than one county for the same program, you do not need to submit more than one application. If you are providing the same program, but it differs in cost, implementation or population served, or plan to provide a completely different program in each county, a separate grant application would be required for each county.