Thanks to supporters like you, we're creating a lasting impact on Leelanau County through 164 unique endowments, totaling $2 million in assets.
Here are some of the ways we met community needs in Leelanau County in 2021:
- $64,589 awarded to support health and human service programs.
- $60,360 awarded to support environmental protection, quality, and education.
- $82,855 awarded to support arts and culture programs and organizations.
- $298,000 in total grants to support the Leelanau community.
Increasing Access to Healthy Meals in Partnership with 5Loaves2Fish
Photo credit: 5Loaves2Fish
The Endowment for Leelanau is designed to be responsive and flexible in addressing a variety of community needs and interests—both emerging and established—within Leelanau County.
It’s a local giving opportunity with local impact that’s directed by local decision makers and supported by donor partners like you. Our Community Foundation Board Directors from Leelanau County determine grant awards annually, ensuring that Leelanau residents benefit from the Endowment now and forever.
In 2021, we granted $2,280 from the Endowment for Leelanau to the Leland Community United Methodist Church to support 5Loaves2Fish. The organization used this funding to increase their weekly meal service and ensure more neighbors in Leelanau County have access to the meals they need.
“We started with five families and now we serve ten. Monday meals have increased from approximately 60 meals to 80,” said Bill, Michelle, and Emily of 5Loaves2Fish. “Most recently we have been able to serve prepared meals that go to Leelanau Christian Neighbors (LCN). These meals accompany their grocery supplies. We believe this extra meal can take the edge off of a long day, eliminating having to cook after shopping at LCN.”
Recent Leelanau County Grant Partners
- Fishtown Preservation Society
- Glen Arbor Arts Center
- Glen Lakes Association
- Inland Seas Education Association
- Leelanau Children's Center
- Leelanau Christian Neighbors
- Leelanau Community Cultural Center
- LIFT Teen Center
- Suttons Bay Public Schools
Learn more about our recent grant awards across the region.