Child Care Connections Grant Application- APPLY NOW
The Child Care Connections (formerly 4C) Fund's goal is to promote and strengthen quality child care in the 10 county region of Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Emmet, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Leelanau, Manistee, Missaukee, and Wexford counties.
The Child Care Connections (formerly 4C) Fund is committed to supporting immediate needs related to promoting and strengthening quality child care, in the form of scholarship support.
Scholarship funds are intended to support professional development and continuing education for providers. Possible programs/ trainings that we will consider are:
- Child development correspondence courses
- CDA training hours
- Child development conferences
- Child development higher education courses (Community Colleges or Universities)
Funding is for private home-based daycares and private and tuition-based child care centers in Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Emmet, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Leelanau, Manistee, Missaukee and Wexford counties. Priority will be given to providers that do not have other means of funding available to them. Applicants must be in good standing with Child Day Care Licensing to be considered for a scholarship.
Providers (including childcare centers) or individuals may apply and awards of up to $2,000 per individual will be considered. Funding will be disbursed directly to nonprofit, educational, or governmental organizations.
- A scholarship application should be submitted online (link below).
- Applicants must also submit proof of the class/ training. It can be a link to the a registration page on a website, or registration information that you scan and send as an email attachment. This information should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, and should include the cost of the class/ training. Please note: We will only provide funds for future trainings, please do not submit a request for reimbursement of a training you already attended.
- Scholarship applications are accepted on an ongoing basis; applicants are encouraged to submit a request as needs arise.
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed by the advisory committee at least quarterly, and may be reviewed more frequently if needed.
- All applicants will be notified as to the status of their application.