Joe Brisson Memorial Scholarship Endowment
The Joe Brisson Memorial Scholarship Endowment supports annual scholarship awards for graduating seniors from Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, or Leelanau County. Applicants must demonstrate adventurous spirit, a passion and zest for life, and will have played in a soccer league, whether school or community related. Learn More!
- Applicant must be planning to pursue a post-secondary education (including at a trade/vocational school, community college, or university)
- Students will be asked to complete an essay question that describes why they are a good candidate for this particular memorial scholarship (i.e. demonstrates shared qualities, passions and a zest for life with Joe Brisson)
- Must love soccer and have played on a league
- Academic performance and financial need are not primary considerations for selection of a recipient
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach, administrator or counselor must be submitted as an email attachment (PDFs preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the March 1 deadline. The person writing the letter should be familiar with and specfically refer to the Joe Brisson Memorial Scholarship.