Traverse City Track Club Endowment
The Traverse City Track Club Endowment was established in 2010 by the Board of the Traverse City Track Club who had a vision for and commitment to the long term ability to support the charitable giving efforts of the Club.
Grant awards support programs that promote, support, and encourage running, race-walking and walking as a means to promote health, enhanced fitness, family recreation and competition for all individuals.
- 2019 Spring Cycle: Applications available mid-January through March 15
- 2019 Fall Cycle: Applications available mid-August through October 1
- Activities eligible for funding include: Cross Country Programs, Track and Field Programs, Summer Camp Activities, Running/Walking Programs, and Charitable Giving Related to Running.
- Proposals from schools should come from the Athletic Director.
- Letter(s) of support from the building principal or project supervisor is required. The letter should be sent as an email attachment (PDFs are preferred) to email@example.com.
Annual scholarships are available to graduating high school seniors or current college students from Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, or Leelanau County. Eligible students will have demonstrated involvement with running, as a high school or college athlete or through participation in organized running events.
- Graduating senior or current college student from Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, or Leelanau County
- Demonstrated involvement with running as a member of their high school or college's track or cross country team, or through participation in TCTC or other organized running events
- Participation in community service activities will be considered during selection process with preference given to those community service activities involving running.
- Applicants must submit a minimum of one, maximum three letters of recommendation. Preference is given to those submitted by teachers, coaches, employers, mentors, etc.
Note: The TC Track Club Endowment averages approximately $1,500 per year in grants and scholarships. In addition to that amount, the TC Track Club separately awards approximately $200,000 annually in scholarships and grants.