AAUW-TC Minnie Votruba Moore Scholarship Endowment
The AAUW-TC Minnie Votruba Moore Scholarship Endowment is established as a permanent Community Foundation scholarship endowment. The establishing donor is the American Association of University Women Traverse City Area.
The AAUW-TC Minnie Votruba Moore Scholarship was established in 1975 with a gift from Minnie Votruba Moore. The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize and assist area women who are seeking to enrich their educational credentials and enhance their personal and/or career opportunities. In 2016, the AAUW-TC Board decided to endow this scholarship with a gift to the Community Foundation, establishing the AAUW-TC Minnie Votruba Moore Scholarship Endowment, creating a lasting legacy for the AAUW-TC’s commitment to supporting educational and career goals of young women.
2018 applications accepted January 15 through March 15. One $1,500 scholarship will be awarded in 2018.
- Women who have completed two or more years of college following their high school education and are enrolled or will be enrolling in at least nine credit hours each term/ semester in an accredited program.
- Reside in the five-county Grand Traverse Region: Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska and Leelanau.
- Women who are able to delineate a thoughtful and realistic plan for achieving their goals taking course work directly related to professional or employment goals.
- Individuals who have a demonstrated commitment to their community.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone other than a family member are required.
For additional AAUW schoalrship opportunities click here.