Healthy Youth and Healthy Seniors Endowment
The Healthy Youth and Healthy Seniors Endowment was established in compliance with an award from the State of Michigan Tobacco Settlement Partnership.
Grant awards support programs that improve the health of youth (birth - 18) and/or seniors (age 55 and older). These opportunities may include, but are not limited to, programs that focus on health and nutrition; family counseling; early childhood development; smoking prevention and cessation; daycare, preschool, and after school care.
Programs for healthy youth could include:
- smoking prevention and cessation and substance abuse
- violence and conflict resolution
- access to dental care
- community alternatives for recreation
- child care
Programs for healthy seniors could include:
- pharmaceuticals (i.e. access, cost, medication interaction)
- preventing and managing chronic disease (i.e. cancer, heart, lung, stroke)
- long term care alternatives (i.e. assisted living, respite care, family caregiver support)
- mental health and aging (i.e. substance abuse, depression)
- workforce and aging (i.e. age discrimination, continuing career opportunities)
2023 Amount Available: $6,620
Requests for use of funds for administrative costs of up to 15 percent will be considered. Grant dollars cannot be used for facilities, but could be used for equipment.